lost & found ~ Notes Above Ground - Travels of a writer, poet, expatriate living and working abroad.

lost & found

I had not been able to sleep
My heart searches
My soul weary

I had not been able to rest
My heart travels
My soul weary

I had not been able to rest
My heart travels
My soul lingers

I had not been able to be at peace
My heart disturbed
My soul lost

I was searching
And looking
And was lost

The eternal abyss.

I had given up,
Took loneliness to be my home
And solitude became my permanent address

My weary heart stopped searching.

Then you came to me.
You gave me your arms so that
I have a new home

You stopped my searched
Dissipated my loneliness
Replenished my weary soul

So what more can I ask?
You are my map
You give me direction
Lost no more

And I can carry on…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment