wait ~ Notes Above Ground - Travels of a writer, poet, expatriate living and working abroad.

wait

I love the way you study my face each time I see you.
As if you’re looking for changes: What has she done?
I know you want to know everything about me
But wait.

I love the way you search for reasons for my actions.
As if you’re looking for my logic: What is she thinking?
I know you want to know,
But wait.

I love the way you try to get a scent of me each time I’m near.
As if you discover a new layer: What more is there?
I know,
But wait.

I love the way you look into my eyes, straight to my heart.
As if you’re searching out my feelings: Is there pain?
I know you want to know everything about me
But wait.

I love the way you steal touches of my skin.
As if you’re trying to send me signals: I love her.
I know,
But wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment